This is one of our favorite times of the year because it is the time to give to friends and family and to those less fortunate. As great as it feels to give during the holidays, the stress of “what” to give is sometimes frustrating. Every year all three of us have at least 3-4 holiday parties where we do gift exchanges. The gift exchange has evolved from secret santa to while elephant. A white elephant gift exchange is where each person attending the party has to bring a gift for a certain dollar amount. Before the exchange, each person with a gift is given a number between 1 to however many people there are. The person up can either steal an opened gift or open a new one. This always leads to great stories – especially when the adults get involved!
Every year we are stuck on what to bring to all these exchanges, especially because there are so many and because they are done separately for the little kids and the adults. Because of this impossible task of actually picking out gifts, we are sharing our top 6 gift options for adults and kids. Hopefully this selection will give you guys an idea of what to bring to your next exchange. It sure helped us!
For the Kids:
- Pottery Barn Kids – Cash Register – $35
- Amazon – Schoenhut – 6 String Acoustic Guitar – $47
Nordstrom – Melissa & Doug – Scratch Art Portable Light Box – $20
- Buy Buy Baby – Llama Llama Book Set – $24
- Lakeshore – Magna Tiles Starter Set – $50
- Pottery Barn Kids – Metal Shopping Cart – $29
For the Adults:
- Anthropologie – Nordik Elk Measuring Cups – $34
- Amazon – Breathalyzer for Smartphone – $52
- Sur La Table – Wine Glass Writers (set of 3) – $10
- Amazon – Cards Against Humanity – $25
- The Art of Shaving – Sandlewood Travel Kit – $25
- Macys – The North Face Etip Glove – $45
Don’t forget, this time of year is also the perfect time to give to those less fortunate than you. For the last few years we’ve been adding a donation box at our gift exchanges and give to a charity we feel passionate about. If you’re interested in doing the same, do visit http://www.charitynavigator.org/ to get more information on charities and ways to donate!